- P. ŻMIGRODZKI: The young Department of Polish Philology in Lviv
- A. KRAWCZUK: Development of the Polish Philology at the University of LvivThe author presents the main stages in the history of the Polish Studies at the University of Lviv, focusingin her article on the situation – less described in the existing literature – of the development of didactic research after World War II, with particular reference to its current state – within the activity of the Department of Polish Philology. She also points out the changes that occurred at the beginning of the twenty first century in the field of teaching the Polish language and Polish Philology at the University of Lviv in comparison with previous periods.
- K. NIKOŁAJCZUK: Starość nie radość? Polish phraseology denoting old age from the angle of the field theoryThe article is devoted to the analysis of phraseological units expressing old age in human life. The location of the studied idioms within the relevant semantic field is done taking into account three aspects of phraseological meaning (significative, denotative and connotative). A two-part kernel (the central part and the part more distant from the kernel: 41% of studied idioms) and a seven part periphery (59% of studied idioms) have been allocated due to the criteria adopted by us in the field human old age. Special attention is paid to denotative features (positive or negative) of these temporal idioms. Corpusbased research has shown that the positive denotative features are dominant in the meaning of kernel idioms expressing human old age.
- J. SAHATA: Dynamic processes in a modern Polish phraseology with an animalistic componentIn the given research article we considered stable usual changes in Polish phraseology with an animalistic component. We analyzed the innovational processes of a quantitative nature: loss of recessive phraseological units and an increase in neo-phraseological units as well as those of a qualitative nature (evolution of innovative variants of the traditional phraseological units or derivatives of phraseological units, neo-semantization of phraseological units and the occurrence of innovational schemes of lexico-semantic collocations of phraseological units).
- O. ŁOZIŃSKA: Mimic portrait of FEAR in Polish and Ukrainian phraseologiesThe article covers peculiarities of expressing the emotion of fear with the help of Polish and Ukrainian phraseological units, the prototype of which is the mimics. In the course of the research formal and semantic comparative analysis of the Polish and Ukrainian phraseologisms expressing the emotion of fear, the prototype of which is the same mimic sign, is carried out. Peculiarities of interaction between verbal and non-verbal strata of the language in the process of expressing the emotion of fear with the help of mimic phraseologisms are discovered, common and different elements of their formal and semantic structure are determined, also nationally marked phraseologisms are singled out.
- B. WARZECHA: Unofficial names of female religious congregations and their members in PolandThe subject of my article is the analysis of 64 unofficial, colloquial, one-part names of female religious congregations and their members in Poland. These words are known to ordinary people and serve to identify a particular congregation. The analysis shows the mechanisms how to form the one-part colloquial names in their relation to the full official name. It also indicates the characteristic nomination models for these names and draws attention to both the diversity of lexical bases and the formants which build the names as well as their dependence on the colloquial names of male religious orders.
- R. MAKAREWICZ: Zdolny leń... On some aspect of parent teacher communicationThe article presents a discussion of a chosen sphere of parents-teacher communication. It is one of the kinds of discourse observed from the perspective of educational linguistics. The author refers to a course of events during a parents-teacher meeting and its structure. The relationship between the addresser and the addressee in the chosen communication sphere was analyzed in greater detail. The author also analyses the way rules of linguistic politeness are followed and stereotypes which appear in the chosen communication situation. The emphasis is put on alleviating conflicts by means of periphrasis.
The expression talented but lazy (Polish zdolny leń). Lexical as well as grammatical interpretation was undertaken. The research material was collected by the author and was retrieved from the National Corpus of the Polish Language. The article closes with conclusions based on the research.
- J. GŁOWACKI: About new names of our Polish trains108 new names of Polish trains appeared in 2007-2011 in our railways. Most of them were proper names which exist in our dictionaries like names and surnames of real people, literary characters, names of regions, cities, water objects and mountains. Also common nouns like names of professions and names referring to nature have become names of trains. For more than a dozen years not only long-distance trains but also local ones have been given proper names.
ABOUT PHENOMENA OF CONTEMPORARY LANGUAGE
- P. DĘBOWIAK: «Nie ogarniam» – about the new uses of the verb ogarniać and its derivatives
- A. KRAWCZUK, Leksykologia i kultura języka polskiego. Podręcznik dla szkół wyższych, by G. FILIP
- B. KARCZMARCZUK, Wymowa polska z ćwiczeniami (wydanie drugie, rozszerzone i uzupełnione), by P. WIATROWSKI
- S. PRZĘCZEK-KISIELAK: Commemoration of the 100th anniversary of Język Polski
- A. ŁUCZYŃSKI: Linguistic conference celebrating a jubilee of Professor Jerzy „Langue – Tradition – Identity” (Gdańsk, November 26, 2012)
- M. OGRODNICZUK, A. PRZEPIÓRKOWSKI: CLIP – an Internet portal combining projects, tools and teams related to computer processing of Polish